Marlow Ropes are one of the world’s leading manufacturers of specialist fibre ropes. Our rope making roots in the local community go back over 200 years and we are proud to still be manufacturing on the same site as our forebears did.
We have earned a reputation around the world for innovation, performance and quality and we work hard to maintain this. Our factory in Hailsham, East Sussex in the UK employs around 70 people in production, logistics, sales, marketing, technical, accounts and administration. We also have a sales and distribution office in Plymouth Massachusetts in the USA employing 6 people. In addition, we are part of a larger family owned group, with UK other manufacturing and distribution sites in Malvern, Heywood and Telford.
We believe in doing things better, and are always on the lookout for new talent to help us push our Company forward.
If you would like to join our team send us your CV. Alternatively, apply for the specific roles advertised below
WE ARE HIRING!
Field Sales Executive – Leisure Marine sector (UK South East)
Marlow Ropes are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic self-starter wanting an entry-level sales role in the marine industry.
The majority of this role will be ‘on the road’, visiting chandlers, rigging outfits and original equipment manufacturers. You will also spend time visiting existing and potential customers across the South, and East of England. The Field Sales Executive will actively develop their business with direct sales from a fully stocked van and order taking for delivery from the factory.
Reporting to the UK Leisure Marine Sales Manager you will be expected to meet and exceed sales targets set by the Leisure Marine Sales Director.
• To sell rope and accessories to customers and potential customers both face to face and indirectly via phone and e-mail offers for warehouse despatch.
• Work with Sales Manager to develop and action the UK Leisure Marine sales plan. This is to include strategy to develop new and existing business, the identification of new customers/markets and their potential and customer training and promotional programmes.
• Prepare and submit weekly sales call plan to Sales Manager to include reasons for call, likely outcomes & expected travel requirements. Report on outcome of meetings and any necessary follow-ups. Communicate weekly plan and follow up requirements to Customer Service Team.
• Identify and implement any sales and technical training for riggers, dealers and OEM’s including exhibition support when necessary.
• Attend industry exhibitions, shows and regattas, engaging with end users and customers and assisting Marketing Manager in the organisation, set up and break down of such shows.
• Identify and report on opportunities for new product development and technical improvements together with their market potential. Report on any customer feedback on technical issues and monitor competitor activity in each market.
• Maintain up-to-date files on all Leisure Marine accounts using CRM software to log all interaction with your customers.
• Prepare accurate monthly activity reports
You will have a sound and demonstrable experience in Safety at Height, Rope Access, Sport Climbing or the Arboriculture industries.
MARLOW ROPES OFFER:
• A competitive base salary plus targeted monthly commission
• Company vehicle provided.
Marlow Ropes are the UK’s premier specialist rope manufacturer and global leaders in the industry. With an enviable brand reputation for technical excellence and quality and a history dating back over 200 years, Marlow have high aspirations looking forward to the future, and are dedicated to driving the sales of our British made products through performance, innovation and service.
Marlow is steeped in history and recognised around the world for quality, performance and innovation.
We utilise the very latest fibres and manufacturing techniques in the production of ropes from 1mm to 100mm in diameter and specialise in ropes and rope assemblies for the yachting, defence and safety at height markets. With agents and distribution on 6 continents we are able to service specialist rope and cordage requirements across the globe.
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience - please apply now!
To apply please send a C.V and covering letter for the attention of Paul Honess at email@example.com